Why Capitol Hardscapes?
Why Capitol Hardscapes?
In 2010, owners Chris and Christy Scango combined Chris’ experience working for a large hardscape company and Christy’s marketing, advertising and project management expertise to offer something they felt was missing from the hardscaping business: spending more time with customers.
Together with Chris’s brother John, they assembled a team of project managers with over 40 combined years of experience and committed themselves to a higher level of availability. From the job estimate through visits to stone companies to pick out materials through project completion, either Chris or John is at every site every day to walk you through the details, answer questions and make sure you stay informed. We think of it as a boutique-style focus on the customer, and it’s what sets us apart.
What We Do
We love the challenge of custom tailoring outdoor spaces to suit the unique style and terrain of our customers’ homes using a diverse range of materials:
- Permeable concrete paver walkways, patios and driveways
- Brick walls, walkways, patios and driveways
- Flagstone walkways, patios and driveways
- Pool decks
- Steps and stoops
- Detached outdoor fireplaces
- Brick veneer
- Segmental retaining walls
- Roof pavers
- Building stone
How We Do It
Capitol Hardscapes works directly with homeowners, architects, professional landscapers, homebuilders and developers to develop a design that integrates our customers’ ideas with functional solutions. Our team approach and constant personal involvement ensure that our designs are finished according to the highest standards.
We are one of the few area companies approved to partner with the DC River Smart and Montgomery County Rainscapes Programs, which provide incentives to DC and Montgomery County homeowners who wish to reduce storm water pollution by installing pavers. If you are interested in learning more please ask one of our project managers for more information.
We use materials from leading LOCAL supply companies such as:
- Ernest Maier Block (www.emcoblock.com)
- Tri State Stone (www.carderock.com)
- Jack T. Irwin Stone (www.irwinstone.com)
- Sislers Stone (www.sislersstone.com)
- EP Henry Pavers (www.ephenry.com)
- Belgard Pavers (www.belgard.com)
- Hanover Pavers (www.hanoverpavers.com)
- TW Perry (www.twperry.com)